Theme of the month for all classes...
"WALKING and BALANCE"
Put a spring back in your step as we explore elements of well-organized walking and good balance in November-December.
As always, classes will take place in various positions (supine, side-lying, seated, standing, walking). Each class will offer a different movement pattern.
Some elements that we will be exploring:
- Organizing your spinal engine for balanced, powerful walking.
- Coordinating your hips and shoulders for better balance and improved gait.
- Improving your connection to and engagement with the ground by improving foot function.
- Coordinating the hips, knees and ankles for the long-term health of your joints.
- Increasing adaptability in your head/neck/shoulders for balanced shifting of weight between your legs.
- Much more!
This class series will use "walking" and "balance" as the over-arching themes, however you will experience benefit to your overall "organization" that will be helpful for other activities as well.
Series runs November 5 to December 12. There WILL be classes during the week of Thanksgiving!
MONDAYS @ 10:00 AM
TUESDAYS @ 5:15 PM
WEDNESDAYS @ 12:30 PM
Images above: © International Feldenkrais® Federation Archive, Robert Golden.